Southwell Lions are holding their 4th annual photo competition for amateur photographers.
This year's theme is:LOOKING THROUGH...
[Note: you are welcome to add a caption to your photo but please note that this is a 'photo' competition, not a 'photo & caption' competition.]
NEW for 2020
There will no longer be separate age related competitions. This is now a single open competition for all age groups.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 placed photographs determined by the judges and the public vote.
There will be no longer be any geographical restriction on where entrants or voters live.
To enter the competition, please follow the instructions below.
Instructions & Rules
1. The competition opens on 1st January 2020and is open to all irrespective of age or where you reside.
2. Entrants must not be professional photographers. 3. Entries must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include your name, address and telephone number.
PLEASE NOTE: Should you experience any difficulty in sending your photograph to the above email address please let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will contact you to make alternative arrangements.
4. Children and teenagers under the age of 18 years old must confirm they have parental permission to enter the competition, when submitting their entry.
5.There is no limit on the number of entries permittedper person.
6. The closing date for entries will be midnight on 15th April 2020.
7. The cost of entry is £5 per photo entered and is to be paid by clicking on the 'Donate' button below. You can pay using a bank debit card, credit card or by PayPal account.
8.PRIZES: There will be prizes for the top 3 entries as determined by the judges and the public vote. The prizes will total 75% of the total net entry monies received after costs. The remaining 25%, after costs, will be donated to Southwell Lions Charitable Trust Fund which is a registered charity, number 1030059.
9. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. The photo must have been taken within the last five years and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject.
10. Judging & Voting
a) All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. The judges will select a shortlist of 18 photographs (the 'Finalists') which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. The finalists' photographs will then be displayed on this website from 1st May 2020 in the Photo Gallery pages and members of the publicwill then be able to vote for their favourite photograph in each category on this website. The six shortlisted photographs in each category will also be displayed for the whole of May 2020 on Southwell Library's Gallery wall. Visitors to Southwell Library will be able to view and vote for their favourite in each category in the Library. Voting will end on 31st May 2020.
NOTE: Each person may only vote ONCE for their top photo in each age category. If you vote on this website you cannot vote in Southwell Library, and vice versa.
b) The final voting to decide on the winners will be split equally between the public vote and the panel of judges. In the event of a tie-break in any category the judging panel will decide the winner.
c) The winners will be notified during June 2020 and their names will be published on this website, in the Bramley newspaper and other local publications as soon as possible afterwards.
11. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to this competition. By entering the competition however all entrants grant to Southwell & District Lions Club the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on this website, in local venues and in the press and to use them in any future fund raising promotion or event. 12. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.