Southwell Lions are holding their 3rd annual photo competition for amateur photographers.
This year's theme is:SHADOWS
[Note: you are welcome to add a caption to your photo but please note that this is a 'photo' competition, not a 'photo & caption' competition.]
There are prizes for the winners of each category.
Teenagers (13 - 17)
Children (12 and under)
NEW for 2019 (Additional Prizes) In the event we receive a total of 75 or more entries prizes will be awarded to the winner and runner up in each age category.
If we receive 100 or more entries prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries in each age category
AND - There is now no limit on the number of photos you can enter!
To enter the competition, please follow the instructions below.
Instructions & Rules
1. The competition opens on 1st January 2019and is open to residents of the five counties of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire & Rutland.
2. Entrants must not be professional photographers. 3. Entries must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include your name, age, address and telephone number.
PLEASE NOTE: Should you experience any difficulty in sending your photograph to the above email address please let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will contact you to make alternative arrangements.
4. Children and teenagers under the age of 18 years old must also confirm they have parental permission to enter the competition, when submitting their entry.
5.There is no limit on the number of entries permittedper person.
6. The closing date for entries will be midnight on 15th April 2019.
7. The cost of entry is £5 per photo entered and is to be paid by clicking on the 'Donate' button below. You can pay using a bank debit card, credit card or by PayPal account.
8.PRIZES: There will be prizes for each of the 3 age-related categories: ADULT (18+),TEENAGER (13 - 17) & CHILD (12 & under). There will be a single prize for the winner in each age category, but if the total number of entries reach 75 or more prizes will be given to the winner & runner up in each age category. If the entries reach 100 or more prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in each age category. The prizes in each category will total 25% of the total net entry monies received after costs. The remaining 25%, after costs, will be donated to Southwell Lions Charitable Trust Fund which is a registered charity, number 1030059.
9. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. The photo must have been taken within the last five years and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject.
10. Judging & Voting
a) All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. The judges will select a shortlist of 6 photographs (the 'Finalists') in each age category which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. The finalists' photographs will then be displayed on this website from 1st May 2019 in the Photo Gallery pages and residents of all 5 counties of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire & Rutland will then be able to vote for their favourite photograph in each category on this website. The six shortlisted photographs in each category will also be displayed for the whole of May 2019 on Southwell Library's Gallery wall. Visitors to Southwell Library will be able to view and vote for their favourite in each category in the Library. Voting will end on 31st May 2019. NOTE: Each person may only vote ONCE for their top photo in each age category. If you vote on this website you cannot vote in Southwell Library, and vice versa.
b) The final voting to decide on the winners will be split equally between the public vote and the panel of judges. In the event of a tie-break in any category the judging panel will decide the winner.
c) The winners will be notified during June 2019 and their names will be published on this website, in the Bramley newspaper and other local publications as soon as possible afterwards.
11. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to this competition. By entering the competition however all entrants grant to Southwell & District Lions Club the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on this website, in local venues and in the press and to use them in any future fund raising promotion or event. 12. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.